JEE Advanced Counselling 2018 will comprises of various steps like counselling registration, choice filling & locking, provisional seat allotment, document verification, reporting to the allotted college, etc.
Counselling schedule of JEE Advanced 2018 has been announced. For reference purpose, here we have given the official JoSAA 2018 counselling schedule:
|Start of online registration & choice filling||19th June to 15th July 2018|
|Last date for online registration & choice filling||4th week of June 2018|
|Reconcile of data, allocate seats, verify & validate||Last week of June 2018|
|Seat allocation of 1stround||Last week of June 2018|
|Acceptance of seat for 1st round||Last week of June to 1st week of July 2018|
|Display of seats availability||1st week of July 2018|
|Seat allocation of 2ndround||1st week of July 2018|
|Acceptance of seat for 2nd round||1st week of July 2018|
|Display of seats availability||2nd week of July 2018|
|Seat allocation of 3rdround||2nd week of July 2018|
|Acceptance of seat for 3rd round||2nd week of July 2018|
JEE Advanced 2018 Counselling Procedure
Candidates have to go through the following steps during the JEE Advanced 2018 counselling:
- Registration: Firstly, candidates have to register online to participate in the counselling process. Candidates have to fill registration details like gender, state code of eligibility, nationality, etc. No fee will be charged for registration & choice filling.
- Choice Filling & Locking: After registration, candidates are required to login using their JEE Main 2018 roll number & password. Fill the maximum choices as per your preference for seat allocation. Candidates should lock their choices after the choice filling process. If students do not lock their choices then the last saved choices will be locked automatically.
- Provisional Seat Allotment: Candidates who will get seat allotted will be able to download the “provisional seat allotment letter” and e-challan. The e-challan will be used for payment of seat acceptance fee.
- Seat Acceptance: Candidates have to pay Rs. 20,000 for reserved categories and Rs. 45,000 for general candidates as a seat acceptance fee. Fee can be paid through SBI Bank Net Banking & e-challan. Candidates must take printout of the fee payment for further use.
- Reporting to the Allotted Centre: After the payment of seat acceptance fee, students have to report to the allotted centre for document verification. Seat confirmation will be done by the reporting centre after the verification.
- Reporting to the Allotted Institutions:Once the seat is confirmed, students must report to the allotted institution to complete admission formalities. Students must appear at the college before the due date.
Documents: At the time of Reporting following paper required.
All Candidates have to bring the required documents at the time to reporting centre for verification process. Candidates must bring their original documents along with a set of self attested photocopies. After verification, original documents will be returned to candidates. Here we have mentioned the document required at the time of reporting:
- Provisional seat allotment letter
- 12th class performance check
- Seat acceptance fee payment proof
- Undertaking by the candidate
- Photo ID card (issued by govt. agency/last attended school/ XII class admit card)
- JEE Advanced 2018 admit card
- Date of birth proof (10th class mark sheet)
- 12th class or equivalent mark sheet
- Medical certificate
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- PwD certificate (if applicable)
- Registration-cum-locked choices for seat allotment
- Two passport size photographs (same as uploaded in the registration form)
- Passport of the candidate and parents (for foreign nationals), OCI certificate or PIO card (if applicable)